What does web hosting mean?
It is a service of hosting a new website on the internet for individuals or organizations so that it can be viewed by users on the net. Businesses can decide to do the hosting and individuals can do it themselves as well. Knowing what web hosting means is just the start of the process. Since there are a lot of web hosting providers available on the internet, it is always not easy to select an affordable, scalable, and reliable one.
In this article, we are going to talk about the important things that you should know about web hosting, including the best hosting provider of the year. First, let us briefly let you know what the best web hosting service of the year is, based on the reviews from users.
The top web hosting provider
Right now, we can say that the best among the web hosting providers in the world is Bluehost. There are so many reasons why this provider is the best, but we are just going to talk about a few of them. Firstly, the money value it provides is excellent, secondly, WordPress recommends it and it offers free domain and SSL certificate. Its whole plans all have unlimited bandwidth. Lastly, it hosts over 2 million websites all over the world.
There are still many web hosting providers that offer great services as well. But now, let us proceed to the tips of purchasing a hosting service.
Five tips that you need to know about purchasing a new web hosting provider
We have had many experiences, and so, we believe that these 5 things are very important to consider when choosing a provider.
- You will almost get everything that you have paid for every time.
- The pricing may be trickish, so you should always beware of it.
- You should always make your research before choosing a web hosting provider to know how trustworthy they are.
- Know all your limits.
- You can consider making use of web builders.
Is a paid web hosting service better than free?
There is no person on this earth that does not like free stuff. This is the reason why it is not surprising to know that the free hosting providers are very popular, but we would not advise you to make use of a free service except you want to use it to run your personal website or learn coding.
We are not saying that free ones are bad, do not quote us wrong. The reason why we would not recommend them for your business website because of the potential issues that you might experience.
If you are making use of a free service, then you should be ready to have limitations on your bandwidth and disk space. You will experience irregular backups, you will have no SSL certificate, and sometimes in some cases, your website will be shut down for one hour each day.
The types of web hosting services
There are different types of web hosting services and we are going to highlight them below.
- We have the shared hosting service. This one allows a user to share one server with different hosting accounts and sites.
- There is cloud hosting and VPS (Virtual Private Servers). With these ones, you can scale resources and access them when you are in need of them.
- There is also the dedicated server which allows you to make use of the whole web server just for yourself.
- We also have WordPress hosting.
Now that you know about web hosting, you can get on your way to creating and hosting a unique website for yourself or your business.